Health & Safety
Vinyl is a safe material, widely used in the automotive, food packaging, healthcare and construction industries. It is also commonly used for tools and storage vessels which come into close contact with humans and animals e.g. blood storage bags, catheters and other medical disposals.
Gerflor uses the same high grade of raw materials to produce its floor coverings to standards that exceed all prescribed health and safety requirements.
• Safe raw materials: no heavy metals, no solvent based inks, no phtalates, no formaldehydes, no PCP and components rated as carcinogenic.
• No substance potentially subject to any REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemical) restrictions.
• Low VOC emissions of 70% lower than European Standards and Agbb protocol.
• No toxic emissions such as formaldehyde, which causes cancer.
• Resistant to fire, does not help fire spread, does not release toxic gases like choride (Cl2) and has far less carbon monoxide (CO) than any other type of flooring.